Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Playlist 4/30/14

April 30th was International Jazz Day! KXSC did 24 hours of jazz and I did my best to contribute some of my favorites, sure they might be popular, but I hope you enjoyed them all the same.  This week we are back to normal with some Joy Division, Pavement, and Simian Mobile Disco.

Tune in today, Wednesday, from 1pm - 2pm PST on kxsc!

1.  Manteca - Dizzy Gillespie

2.  The Very Thought Of You - Billie Holiday

3.  How Deep Is The Ocean - Miles Davis

4.  Take Five - The Dave Brubeck Quartet

5.  Little Birdie - Vince Guaraldi

6.  Something for Cat - Henry Mancini

7.  Festa - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

8.  Solitude - Elle Fitzgerald

9.  I'm Old Fashioned - John Coltrane

10.  Monk's Dream (Take 8) - Thelonious Monk

11.  Journey in Satchidananda - Alice Coltrane

No comments:

Post a Comment